In 2022, Facebook defended its title of being the most popular social media website in the world. According to Hootsuite, a leading social media management app, “Facebook has reached over 2.91 billion monthly active users.” That’s roughly over ⅓ of our world population. Impressive, isn’t it? Even more so, ¾ of the internet’s active users have been active on at least one of the websites under the Mata Platform umbrella, including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, etc. Businesses without at least one social media page are often considered untrustworthy or unusual. Considering the platform’s reach, it would certainly be an unusual choice to ignore such a giant advertisement opportunity, especially one that is free.
Boost Your Facebook Post
What about ads? One of the common ways to advertise on Facebook is called boosting. “Facebook ads reach 34.1% of the global population over the age of 13.” according to Hootsuite. Boosting a post is one of the cheapest, fastest, and easiest ways to advertise online, so let’s jump into a quick tutorial.
- Create a Post – You likely already know how to create a post, but be sure to keep a few things in mind when you do. Purpose, written & visual content, word count, tone, links, mentions (@ElementMarketingCompany), and hashtags are all very important matters to consider. Each one may have a massive effect on whether or not your potential customers even see your new, beautiful post. Another option is to select a popular post you’ve already created. Not sure how to check your most popular posts? Check Facebook Insights or Meta Business Suite.
2. Select Boost – You may choose to boost a post before or after its creation. For old posts, there should be a blue button labeled “boost.” Newer posts have a slider that you may select right under image or video selection. Once you click the button on an older post or attempt to finish a new one, a pop-up menu will appear.
3. Boost Options – Here’s the meat and potatoes of your new advertisement. You have many options to choose from including your goal, button labels, image cropping, special advertisements, scheduling, and most importantly, audience targeting and budget.
4. Use Facebook Insights or Equivalent – Use the information Facebook provides about your target audience to make an educated decision on who would most likely wish to view your ad. If you have been managing or working with this business for a long time, you may already have a decent idea of who your customer base is. However, it is still a great idea to check the info provided by Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, or any other supportive applications to help you narrow down your audience. As you may already be aware, each social media platform’s audience varies greatly. For example, your 16-year-old son or daughter is much more likely to be found on Tiktok than on Facebook. Keep all of your options open.
5. Estimated Daily Results – You’re nearly there! After adjusting your boosted post’s settings, check out the preview mode on the right side of the menu. It’ll show a rough idea of how Facebook believes your ad will perform. Even with just $15, it is very possible to reach thousands while earning dozens of ad clicks. Keep in mind that these are estimated results, and even the amount of money spent may differ by a few pennies. From experience, we can tell you these stats are usually relatively accurate.
Scheduling Facebook Posts the Right Way
Facebook users spend over 30 minutes per day on the popular platform. Before you get too excited, it is crucial to understand more about the timing of your specific audience. Scheduling an advertisement for 9:00 am may have a positive outcome for the eastern time zone, but may perform poorly on the west coast. The good news is that there are many ways to choose an optimal time for your scheduled posts.
- Facebook Insights – All Facebook page administrators with the proper permissions have easy access to that page’s analytics. Quickly check customer reach, page views, audience type, or even actions on a page. Manually confirm the most popular times your posts interact with by clicking ” Insights” and then “posts” from your business page.
- Meta Business Suite – Formerly Facebook Business Manager, Meta’s Business Suite’s recent improvements included more than just a name change. Choose “Posts & Stories” from the navigation menu on the left to create a post. Once finished, DO NOT click “Publish Now.” Instead, choose “Schedule” so that you have access to a button labeled “Optimal Times.”
- Social Media Marketing Services – Hootsuite, Hubspot, SEMRush, and other websites like them have increased in value due to the increasing popularity of advertisements on social media. If you are a small business just starting out, the cost of this software may not be worth it considering the fact that they mainly cater to large businesses or digital marketing agencies. That being said, most social media management apps have similar, or even improved capabilities comparable to Meta Business Suite.
- Hire a Professional – We at Element Marketing Company would love to help you out with advertising on social media. Element Marketing Company is a marketing agency based in Myrtle Beach, SC. Our team members are here to assist your business with web design, digital marketing, social media management, photography, videography, email marketing, and SEO. Please reach out to us even if you have a simple question. We don’t bite!